To listen and connect with adults and carers to promote their well-being and to maximise independence and access to community resources. To work intensively with adults to regain control of their lives when a crisis occurs and support people to plan for the future.
Main Job Duties:
• To work with adults, using a strength-based approach, who may have a wide range of care and support needs and require support to reduce and manage identified risks.
• To work in partnership and engage other professionals to ensure there is a multi-agency approach which enables the adult and/or their carer to live as independently as possible.
• To meet statutory requirements including best practice in relation to the principles of the Care Act 2014 and the Mental Capacity Act 2005
• To fully engage in reflective practice, demonstrating you are an active member of the team.
• To identify adults and carers who may be at risk of abuse and neglect and support safeguarding procedures, alongside a qualified social worker
• To participate in a range of meetings with adults and carers’ and exchange information, participate in decision making, with support and review progress.
• To carry out meaningful conversations which determine eligibility under the Care Act (2014).
• To engage with adults and their carers using a strengths-based approach to identify available resources to meet their needs (wherever possible).
• To build to excellent and effective relationships with other agencies and the local community to sign-post when appropriate.
• To develop creative support plans which focus on the outcomes of adults to promote their independence and ensure Care Act (2014) needs are met in a way which helps to maximise this.
• To gather and analyse from a variety of sources that will provide an informed judgement for the decisions you make
• To have an awareness of potential deprivation of liberty and seek management support.
• To promote the welfare of Children and discuss any safeguarding concerns with the line manager.
Qualifications & Development
Level 2 qualification (e.g. NVQ2) in health and social care or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience
Level 2 qualification (e.g. GCSE A to C) in maths and English or demonstrable equivalent
To have attended relevant courses and training in health and social care
Hourly rate £11.19
For for job spec please email firstname.lastname@example.org