Main Activities & Responsibilities:
• To record, categorise, monitor and resolve incidents and service requests to ensure that operational problems are resolved as quickly as possible, reducing their impact on Council service delivery.
• To provide help and guidance to users, including routine training in the normal usage of systems, products and services, to ensure systems are used effectively and efficiently and to maximise the Council’s return on its technology investments.
• To monitor the adoption of the Council’s information security, data protection and usage policies, reporting any breaches to ICT Services’ management, to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Council’s information assets.
• To manage the configuration of mobile phones including smartphones and to resolve any associated user issues.
• To ensure that all Configuration Management Database (CMDB) information is captured and that the Service Desk System is updated appropriately to enable the ICT Service to make appropriate plans and to implement change management effectively.
• To ensure that the Software Asset Management system is updated appropriately with new and deleted hardware CIs to enable the ICT Services to be compliant with the licences of software.
• To perform any other duties relevant to the role as required
Hours of Work Monday to Friday 09.00 – 17.00
Pay Rate £11.19