We are looking for a full time Refuse & Recycling Collector to work in Worcestershire area.
- To assist in the weekly clearance of domestic refuse/recycling from the rounds allocated and to ensure that this task is completed on a daily basis by the team for which responsibility is held.
- To deal with problems on the round as they may occur, receive instructions from supervision and react accordingly. Ensure that the work is carried out in a safe and tidy manner.
- Ensuring that the work is carried out in a safe and tidy manner, that spilt refuse has been cleared, that wheeled bins have been returned to an appropriate location and that gates have been closed.
- Receiving instructions from the Contracts Manager and Team Leader and reacting accordingly.
- Dealing with any problems reported either direct from customers, the general public or from the other member of the crew, in a courteous and appropriate manner.
- Ensuring that the Council’s Safety Policy is maintained and complied with.
- To ensure that full attention is paid to the safety of other employees whilst operations may be in progress and to any members of the general public who may be in the vicinity of the operations.
- To ensure that the inside of the vehicle cab is maintained both clean and tidy on a daily basis by all members of the relevant crew.
- Ensure that appropriate PPE and clothing is worn at all times.
- To give ongoing consideration to the most efficient method of completing the round, taking into account additions and reductions in collections due to be made.
- To take part in any training as may be required.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out such other duties as the Operations Manager shall properly require from time to time.
- To be responsible for herself/himself and others in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974.