We are looking for a full time Residential Support Worker in Worcester.
Role is temporary to cover maternity leave.
Main purpose of job
The Residential Support Worker is responsible for assisting in the promotion of good childcare practice in accordance with Worcestershire Children First policies and procedures.
Residential Support Worker provides care for young people in residence, participating in the assessment of their needs and implementations of plans for their future.
- Participating fully in working rota, including sleeping in duties on regular basis.
- Providing for the personal needs of young people in co-operation with other team members.
- Leasing with relatives, other significant people and outside agencies.
- Forming relationships with young People which will facilitate the care and assessment process and encourage them to participate fully in the opportunities offered by the home.
- Participating in the formal assessment process, providing oral and written contributions to reports where appropriate.
- Keeping abreast of developments in theory and practice of childcare.
- Being familiar with Worcestershire Children First policies and procedures.
- Attending and taking an active part in team meetings.
- Participating in the staff development and training programmes; attending training.
- Being fully aware of racial, cultural and religious issues and anti-oppressive practice
- To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training.
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and in which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
- To undertake health and safety duties commensurate with the post or as detailed in the Directorate Health and Safety Policy.