Summary of Position
- The Assistant Operations Manager is responsible for supporting the Deputy Manager with the overall performance of the department, including profit, staff, customer satisfaction and H & S whilst complying with all relevant legislation.
- Oversee and assist in providing the best quality of service possible in all Public Areas.
- Oversee and provide drink service and plate service for all customers.
- Ensure that the kitchen area is clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure that any restaurant/ function sheets are displayed and time schedule adhered to.
- Ensure that you and your team have product knowledge of all menus, cheeses, drinks, wine.
- Train and support the team as required.
- Responsibility for the whole hotel in the absence of the Deputy Manager and the General Manager
Specialising in Food&Beverage and events
Hotel knowledge essential needed
• To implement and support all Hotel initiatives and programmes as requested
• To be present at all major events held at Hotel as and when required.
• To be the acting MC as and when needed for events/weddings where applicable.
• To carry out, assist and be involved in stocktakes and the correction of any anomalies.
• To be proactive with new sales ideas and to implement agreed ideas.
• To be proactive ensuring all paperwork is up to date, properly recorded and complies with all legislation, including temperature checks etc.
• To cover for Reception as required.
• To cover for Duty Manager’s as required.