Main activities and responsibilities:
· Provide the first point of contact for service users, staff from partner organisations and colleagues and determine how matters can be most effectively progressed from this first contact.
· Provide advice to service users to enable them to access services from Children’s Services and partner organisations.
· Progress work activities within specific projects and tasks delegated by the Team Manager to contribute to the effectiveness of the service.
· Collate and prepare the presentation of performance data relating to service activities. Initiate work, for example case file audits, in support of the scrutiny of service performance.
· Undertake specific, service projects/tasks including investigation, identification, research and collation of information.
· Handle a range of administrative work in support for the service including the drafting and preparation of documents, writing minutes, preparing power point presentations, handling enquiries coming into the service, organising meetings.
· To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training.
· To undertake other such duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
· To undertake health and safety duties commensurate with the job and/or as detailed in the Directorate’s Health and Safety Policy.
· The duties described in this job description must be carried out in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and due respect for all employees and service users and is consistent with the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
· Working with some vulnerable children, young people and adults can, at times, be emotionally challenging for which appropriate support will be provided through management supervision. The post holder must be able to deal with such mental demands.
· This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and / previously met the definition of Regulated Activity (as defined by the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006) and is therefore subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check (as defined by the Police Act).
· This post meets Regulated Activity (as defined by the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 as amended by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012) and is subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Check (CRB) and the relevant children and/ adults barred list(s) checks.
Salary: £11.50 per hour