We are looking for 2x Commissioning Officers to support the SEND and Social Care teams to commission placements, issue contracts and process payments for providers of support, education and care.
- Your principal duties will be to support placements searches processes from start to finish by collaborating with staff within the service to identify suitable placements for vulnerable children in care to enable the best outcome for children, young people and their families.
- You will be expected to follow up placement offers with providers to ensure that the placement requested matches the placement being provided and actively challenge when anomalies exist and to undertake cost negotiations with providers to ensure optimum value for money and as a result, reducing the overall expenditure for placements within the service.
- Additionally, the job will include quality assuring forms, setting up finance packages, setting up contracts and assisting with other key placement related duties as required.
- Part of the role will involve covering duty at least 1 day per week which involves dealing with same day placement searches until they are resolved.
- Skills or experiences working in finance would be advantageous but not essential.