As a Community Safety Officer you will be responsible for providing a response to reported cases of anti-social behaviour, prevent escalation and problem solve through education and diversion.
You will need to be able to carry out investigations, identify support needs, co-ordinate the responses of other agencies, implement early interventions and carry out enforcement action to deal with specific problems.
You will be required to work with a wide range of agencies both internally and externally; and organisations including voluntary and community groups to address community safety and anti-social behaviour.
The current priorities mirror those of our partners in the Avon and Somerset Police. You will be required to build relationships, influence a wide range of agencies and community groups to enable you to respond to community safety priorities.
- Ideally you will have relevant degree or equivalent qualification, or have equivalent relevant experience.
- You will have relevant experience and knowledge of identified community safety priorities; backed by evidenced experience of developing and implementing actions and strategies in response to these.
- You will have knowledge of remedies available under the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014, and experience of using these effectively in practice.
- You will have experience of using project management techniques to develop and managing projects to a successful conclusion.
- You will have well developed interpersonal and communication skills to build relationships and engage successfully with community groups and partner organisations.
- You will have a good working application of IT skills and an ability to adapt quickly the use of bespoke software packages used in this role.
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle required for this post
- DBS (enhanced Child)