Summary of Position
Support the Front Office Manager with the smooth running of the reception desk ensuring that excellent customer service is delivered at all times.
Liaising with other departments where appropriate and maximising the occupancy of the hotel at all times.
- Minimum 2 years experience in hotel receptionist
- Rezlynx trained would be an advantage
- Preparing guest accounts and restaurant bills, ensuring they are all kept up to date
- Taking payments for guest accounts, restaurant bills, balancing and banking the money and PDQ at the end of every shift
- Dealing with guest requests and enquiries on a one to one basis and over the telephone
- Checking in guests and checking out guests in the correct manner ensuring all procedures are followed correctly
- Liaise with IT, PDQ, Guestline and telephone support representatives to maintain systems in full working order.
- Maintaining a reliable database of all guest information and using it to maximise business opportunities, in compliance with the Data Protection Act.
- Any ad-hoc duties as may be requested at any time
- Dealing with any problems or complaints in the correct manner and passing the information on to the relevant people immediately
- Training of new staff team members
- Ensuring the weekly rota is completed and the department covered
- Agreeing and authorizing booking agent commission invoices
- Ensuring all group booking are correct with the FO Manager
- Develop relations with existing customers to ensure a high level of future repeat business.
- Periodically run housekeeping systems on the in-house computer system to ensure full utilization and optimum performance of the system